Saturday, April 23, 2016
DIY: Wooden Welcome Sign
Who doesn't love a wooden sign right now!?!
Any event or wedding right now is incorporating some form of this trend.
my family decided to host a house concert
, I knew I wanted to add to our décor with a little rustic, wooden welcome sign. It just so happens that it turned out so well, we never took it down!
- Wood (Whatever you can find lying around will work, the more rustic/worn the better for adding a little character)
- Sand paper
- Metal stake
- Someone handy and their tools.
- Get someone handy to cut your wood into your preferred shape.
I had my dad complete this step for me, so no advice on this one.
- Sand back the wood on one side to get a nice smooth surface to work on.
- Use a pencil to draft the placement and size of your wording.
- Go over the pencil with the outdoor paint and allow to dry.
- Place stake firmly into ground.
- Have your someone handy attach wood to stake.
- Stand back and admire your (and your someone handys) work!
Typed up by
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)