it's been almost 3 months since i finished uni, moved off campus and left the city that i'd called home for the past five years...
it's been almost 3 months since i moved back into my childhood home, living with my parents and trying to obtain work as a casual teacher.
so today i thought i'd share with you all the things i miss from my uni life and also the things i'm loving about being back home.
- the choice of takeaway foods! whilst i am eating very healthily at the moment, i wish i had more options for my once to twice a fortnight takeout and there are particular meals i miss such as burritos from zambreros!
- my friends. obviously. i lived with most of my friends for the past four years, now they are all at least a three hour drive away.
- res sport. i loved the convenience and fun that was our inter-residence sporting competition! i miss the opportunity to play netball, basketball, ultimate frisbee and dodgeball.
- nights out. my local pub in particular and crazy nights with friends. even venturing out into the city and finding new bars/clubs to hang out in.
- the shopping. i forgot what it's like to live in a small town with no mall. nowhere to window shop or just browse, no big w or kmart to spend hours in buying pointless and unnecessary nic naks!
- the climate. uni summer's were so hot and sticky. home is on the coast, so i can easily escape to the beach to cool down and it's warm but pleasant.
- home cooked meals. this week so far my dad has cooked homemade spinach pesto chicken pasta, homemade beef burgers, and BBQ steak!
- my own cooking. i like to cook but i need a clean, well equipped kitchen to do so and uni did not have that.
- my parents. i like being home, i like spending time with my parents, i like being in the home i grew up in for 15 years!
- simba. well ofcourse!
- casual teaching. finally putting that degree to use and making money to boot!!
sunshine on my backkkk, makes me happppyyy, like i should beeeeee.